Well Thanksgiving break was almost perfect. We had a great time seeing our family and of course eating. The only thing that didn't make it perfect was that the Warriors lost. No bueno. My husband is now in his deep depression for the year. There were a couple of things that are making him pretty happy right now. 1. his girls, 2. OU WON!, and 3. He is going to the Big 12 Championship game. Other than that, he is not always a happy camper. He will be good once spring football gets here.
I will say I pretty happy about the football season. Brad had less time to work with these kids than he has ever had with a team. Honestly, they had the less talent of any team he has coached too. They have the biggest hearts though, and they worked extreamly hard. They were not picked to make the playoffs, and ended up in a 3 way tie for first place. They ended up second after points. They made it all the way to the state-quarter finals and really should have beat the team they played. We had a few mistakes that cost us, big! Oh well, maybe next year. It will be a re-building year again. We lose some seniors that will be missed. I think the younger kids are gonna be ready to work hard, and they'll be ready to get on the field after what we did this year.
I almost feel like I have nothing to get ready for. Brad says he's gonna be bored for the rest of the year. As long as we don't end up with another kiddo showing up in 9 months, we will have had a great successful year. I am due up to have another one on this off-season break. Hopefully, we can wait another 2 more years. That's the plan so far. Lord-willing. I pray for no ice storms. They get us into trouble ya know. LOL!
Well I'll have to tell ya about Kelby and Briley's visit to Santa....
No comments:
Post a Comment