Our Family

Our Family
Brad, Me, Kelby, & Briley

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Who Has Been Sleeping In My Bed?

It never fails.

 Ever since Brad and I started having babies, we go few and far between nights where we do not wake up in the morning and have at least one or two kids in our bed.

I can remember the night when my mom and dad locked me out of their room. I cried and cried by their door until I fell asleep. I can still remember that, because it was so tramatic for me.

We always start with the girls in their own beds; however, by 1:30a.m-4:30a.m. I feel a little tap, tap on my shoulder and I hear someone whisper, "Momma, can I snuggle with you tonight?" Of course, I cannot say no to that. So she gets in bed and snuggles with me. Briley, cries in her crib until Brad and I come get her. That's around 4:30a.m in the morning. So of course by morning our King Size Bed, has turned into a small twin for Brad and I.

As you can see by the picture, Briley sleeps in funky positions. Kelby likes to kick and talk in her sleep. If people wonder why I'm so cranky sometimes, I think it's because I never get a full nights sleep.

It's okay though. One day, they're not gonna want to snuggle with momma and daddy. One day, they are gonna leave and go snuggle with their husbands, and Brad and I will be all by ourselves. (Which right now I wouldn't mind).

But I love my girls, no matter how much they drive me crazy. It's good to look across the bed at Brad every night and smile at each other, hold hands, and look down at our two beautiful girls in between us. We are far apart on the bed from eachother, but pretty happy that we have such a great family.

2 comments:

  1. Try four...and no...we still don't mind. I know exactly what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. You guys are precious!

    ReplyDelete