Our Family

Our Family
Brad, Me, Kelby, & Briley

Friday, October 29, 2010

Worst Mother Award Goes To: Kami Beller!!!!



Many of you may be looking at these pictures thinking, "hmm why does little miss Briley have that on her foot". Well, I'll tell you. It's because her mother is not a very good momma!

Here is the story. Yesterday morning was pretty busy. I was getting myself ready, and getting Kelby all beautified with her Sleeping Beauty costume for her school party. I also was in charge of bring the fruit tray and cookies to the party. Poor little Briley was kinda just tossed around while I was getting things together. Well I go to get Briley dressed and after I dress her, we leave for the party. I dropped Kelby off and put the food in her classroom. Briley and I head up to work. I stay at work for about an hour and then I left to go to Kelby's party. Briley was real whinny and just got upset when I would put her down so that I could help with the party. Well, it just got so bad with Briley crying that I was at my wits end. I was thinking to myself, okay Briley you have got to take your morning nap or I'm gonna go insane. My mother-in-law calls and asks me to come up to her work to watch a video. So I leave the party, mostly because I feel bad that all these people are having to listen to my kid cry, and head up to B&H. I get to B&H, and my mother-in-law says Kami something is wrong with her. I said no she's just tired! She needs to take a nap.  I was gonna take her socks and shoes off so that I could get her comfortable and put her to sleep. WELL, I take off her socks and shoes and on her left foot, her pinky toe is layed over to the side of her foot. I flipped out! I was sick, literally, that I hurt my baby by putting her shoes on that morning. I felt horrible. My mother-in-law and I took her to the E.R. They took x-rays and put her toe back into place. They said it was just dislocated, but they were worried about the growth plate. They looked at her x-rays and said it was fine. They said if it was bad that they would have had to do surgery. I about passed out on that one. But they wrapped her up and sent her home.
She's a tough little booger. As soon as they put it back in place, she went to sleep and started walking on it. She babies it a little when she walks, but the doctor said that it will be really sore. She's a trooper. Her toe was probably like that for a couple of hours. So I think she's pretty tough! Next time momma needs to do better and take care of her baby....... a lot better!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's no fun! But you are not the worse mom ever, just a busy mom. She won't even remember it. Emrie, my niece, broke her leg at 6 mo. old and Chelsie did too. They're no worse for the wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks McKenzie. That makes me feel better. I didn't know that about Emerie. I bet Cassie was just beside herself. I couldn't imagine seeing my kid have to go through that. A dislocated pinky toe was bad enough. Do you get to see Colt Allsion a lot since you're at Sayre? Brad thinks about him often. It is nice to hear from you. I keep up with you all on your blogs. Your posts are precious and they make me tear up a lot. I am so happy for you and your husband. God is great and his grace is just amazing. I'll continue to pray for your adoption process. Brad's family has been though that twice. His aunt and uncle adopted a little girl 4 years ago and then this past month his cousins adopted a little girl from China. Tucker is so precious. Give him a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh yea besides myself is quite an understatement. severe anxiety many months after that. she was 7 months old, and it was the very most traumatizing event in my life, but from breaking ti completely healed, was only 10 days.
    i know exactly how you feel, but kenzie is right, and yet it will always be a very vivid memory to you, she will survive. you are a good momma, and she is a tuff little toot.

    ReplyDelete